Pages

Slider

Monday, October 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo is coming


NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month is just around the corner! It's held every  November and the goal is to write a 50,000 words novel in a month (or 1666 words in a day), without obsessing over quality. If you are interested sign up here.

I tried it last year, but I didn't make it, I think I just did three pages or something. But I feel I can do it this year, and If you like writing (even if it's gibber gabber) then you should give it a try. How cool it's to say "oh, I'm a novelist".

If you are a planner freak, you can plan what you want to write before this event starts, it's not against the rules. Here are some prep tips to help you develop the novel.

As for my novel, I'm just going to write it but I'm not going to show it to anyone, not even my husband, it's going to be a total piece of crap but I don't care. I'll probably place a widget for you to see my word count.

Here in Vancouver there are groups that get together in quiet rooms and to try to get to the quota.

Let me know what you think about this event! Do you think you could make it?




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment