Pages

Slider

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The most useful and productive webapp ever and 10 clever ways to use it {14 days}

Last night I had a great time with my family because my father-in-law pulled off a perfect evening for my bday, I was kind of scared I had to suspend it because of the bad weather but everything worked out just fine despite of it. Today, I'm blogging from Caracas, my mother and I planned to come see my family once again (they all live here).

Today's post is about a crazy productive web service that lets you create awesome connections using different triggers and actions to create "recipes", this service is called IFTTT (If this then that)



An explanation if you haven't heard of it: there are over 50 different channels like facebook, twitter, dropbox, evernote among others, when you want to create a recipe you need a trigger that leads to an action for example:



1. For this recipe I used Instagram channel as a trigger and dropbox as the actions which means that everytime I post a photo on instagram it automatically saves in a dropbox folder.

There are crazy amount of clever things you can create using IFTTT:

2. I use it to tweet when I post something on my blog, it's a great way to let your readers know you just posted something.
3. To archive on google calendar everytime I tweet something, if you want to keep track of your tweets this is the best way to do it.
4. To Add to Google Calendar everytime I do a check in on Foursquare, to keep track of your every move.
5. To add on facebook your instagram pics when you upload them.

You can also browse different recipes from other users you can use like:


They are very easy and fun to create. I hope this post was informative to you, if you wish I post about something in specific let me know :) 



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment